Monday, May 21, 2012

Tiki Tips: 2,000 Light Years from Home Punch

When listening to old Stones records, I like a cocktail that can be ladled sloppily into my cup as I stumble back and forth between tiki bar and turntable. What finer than a stiff-n-sturdy punch? A classic and versatile little number that can feed a crowd or just you alone.


This one is pretty strong, so be sure your guests can handle it. Or else you could end up with a real "Altamont" situation on your hands!


I share the following recipe because it has brought me years of unbridled joy and bad decisions.


It's my own doing too! (Or shall I say un-doing?)


Tiki's 2,000 Light Years from Home Punch
1) maraschino cherries that have been soaked overnight in a bath of white rum, almond extract and cinnamon (the rum bath goes in the punch, too!)
2) thin orange slices
3) large bottle white rum
4) large bottle lightly spiced rum
5) pineapple juice
6) few shakes of almond extract (to your liking)
7) tangerine juice
8) 1 can lemon soda (I prefer San Pellagrino)
9) cranberry juice
10) dash allspice
11) dash cinnamon
12) cinnamon sticks

Combine it all in a glass bowl and pop a cinnamon stick in each guest's glass.
That's all the guidance I can give you on this one. Taste as you pour and adjust to your liking. I've given you the building blocks, what you do with it is your own sordid business.


Keep it cool babies, until next time....
XO,
Tiki T.

No comments:

Post a Comment