Thursday, November 15, 2012

When I paint my masterpiece... I use bourbon!

Take a load off, friends!

Looks like you could use a maple infused cocktail!

In an effort to give a "tip of the hat" to Robbie Robertson and Co., we thought long and hard about a cocktail that would marry the industriousness of American city life with the rugged wilderness of Canada.

Hence...The Maple Old Fashioned! You'll love this one, I promise!



Use high grade maple syrup and use it sparingly, as you want the suggestion of maple more than a wad of it. I also advise using a reputable rye (we really like http://www.bulleitbourbon.com). You're looking for a slow burn with a sweet ending, here. Shake up your rye, maple, ice and Angostura bitters in a shaker and strain into a glass tumbler. Garnish with an orange peel, no need for chunks of overly sweet bar fruit. This one is guaranteed to drive your dixie down all night!

XO!
-Tiki T.

No comments:

Post a Comment